What is the Challenge for?
To encourage participation in club spins and get everyone motivated to get out on the bike.
Criteria for each Group/Level based on:
- Total distance for the year
- Total elevation gain for the year
- Distance per month
- Participating in a number of club spins per year
- Completing a long distance spin
- 10 named hills to be conquered
How to participate?
- Sign up via the club forum to ONE of the challenges.
- Keep logging your spins as normal on Strava.
- Your Group Leader will verify your data at regular intervals and then end of year.
- Just like any Strava Challenge pride in your finishing the challenge.
- Plus – Small gift prize for everyone who completes.
- Plus – Your name in the draw for €125 cash prize for each individual Group.
Sign Up Now!
You can only sign up to one group challenge – pick it in advance – You can however sign up to whichever you want even if you cycle with a different group. Sign up by clicking below!
|Group 4||Group 3||Group 2||Group 1|
|Target pace and distance for group spins||50-60k @ 21-22kph||60-80k@ 22-25kph||80-100k @ 25-28kph||100-140k @ 30kph+|
|Distance per month For 10 or more months||100km +||160km+||200km+||400km+|
|Total distance for year||2,000km +||4,000km+||5,500km+||8,000km+|
|Total elevation gain||16,000m + Average 0.8% of distance traveled||32,000m + Average 0.8% of distance traveled||44,000m+ Average 0.8% of distance traveled||80,000m+ Average 1% of distance traveled|
|Long spin||100km +||130km+||150km+||200km+|
|Official club spins per year||12+||16+||20+||30+|